(a Warlords II clone)
LordsAWar! is a free, turn-based strategy game where up to 8 players strive for control of as many cities as possible. Produce new armies in cities to conquer nearby cities. Using the income from those cities, make more armies to take more cities. Send a hero to a temple to get a quest, or maybe search a nearby ruin instead. Play with others or against the computer.
The goal of this project is to make a game that is similar to Warlords II and is playable on GNU+Linux, Windows, and Macintosh. This project has a longer history than most people realize!
Next Developmental Steps
- Translate the game into other languages using translationproject.org.
- Make better terrain artwork
- Artists can watch tutorials on how to make terrain tiles with the Gimp
- Using windows media player? You'll need the theora codec
- Identify missing Warlords II features and implement them (todo list)
Found a bug? Post it on the bug tracker.
The source can be checked out with the command:
svn checkout svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lordsawar/lordsawar
You may also download the developmental or stable tarball [24 MB].
An old demonstration of the city history report.
An old demonstration of the tileset editor.
An old demonstration of the scenario editor.
Last updated on 31-03-2011 by Ben Asselstine